Thursday, August 6, 2009

Baked Haddock Recipe

I always double the recipe, but here is how I made the baked Haddock last night.

5 to 8 Fillets of Haddock (I used Frozen, but I would imagine fresh would be that much better)
1 TBSP Honey
1 TSP Mustard (prepared, I just used yellow mustad, Dijon would probably be good as well)
1 Egg (slightly beaten)
1 TBSP Ground Pepper (Seems like a little much, I never double the pepper. If I double the batch, I still only use 1 TBSP.)
2 Cups of Corn Flakes (I personally mix Corn Flakes, Total, and Captain Crunch). If you double the recipe, you probably don't need more than 2.5 or 3 cups of cereal, unless you have 8 or 9 fillets.

Directions:

beat the egg in a bowl, and add the honey and mustard, and mix together well. Set that bowl aside.
Next, crush the cereal in a bowl and then add the ground pepper and set aside.

You'll just want to take the fillets and dip them into the egg mixture, then dip them into the cereal/pepper mixture, and then set on a greased baking sheet.
You will want to cook them @ 375 Degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.

**Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions. The same Egg/Cereal mixture works great with Chicken as well.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to try this!! Thanks for sharing. I will probably leave out the capt crunch though!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh capt crunch is the best! Sounds great Chris, you're quite the lil chef aren't you?

    ReplyDelete