Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My little slice of heaven

Based on the subject, those of you that know me know that I'm being sarcastic.
The picture is of course Millwork Distributors in Oshkosh. I have been involved with this company since 1996.
It is such a love/hate relationship with this place. I have met many people that I consider friends here. I've seen marriages, and I've seen divorces. I've seen co-workers fight, and I've had co-workers die. People quit, get fired, get re-hired, and fired again. I start to wonder if my company is unique, or if these scenarios are played out in many companies throughout the world. I'm sure that my situation is not unique, and that the grass isn't that much greener on the other side.
I know there are no bars on the windows here, and I am not forced to be an employee here. Even though I am fully conscious of those facts, it doesn't make it any easier to come in each and every day.
Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

1 comment:

  1. It's definitely not unique. We have the exact same things happen daily where we are! Marriages, affairs, deaths, divorces, fires to rehire to fire again ( C.Y.A.)...... Political garbage, we care but you're not worth it and so on but it's a job, insurance, benefits and the actual job is kinda cool.... when I get down like that and want to trade it all in, I just remember that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete